group of students sitting in Woodside Cafe

Guide to Getting Started


Send Transcripts

Have an official copy of your transcripts sent to ̨ʹٷվ's Student Services Department at studentservices@montcalm.edu or by mail to 2800 College Drive, Sidney, MI 48885.

  • High School and Other Transcripts: You must contact your high schools and all previously attended colleges to arrange for official transcripts. You may transfer courses to ̨ʹٷվ from other accredited institutions. VisitTransfer Into ̨ʹٷվfor specific guidelines.
  • Home School: Home Schooled Students must submit a Self Declaration form along with a high school transcript.
  • Career Center: VisitCareer Center Articulationsfor specific articulation information for area high schools and career centers.
  • AP and CLEP: ̨ʹٷվ gives credit forAdvanced Placement (AP)classes andCollege Level Exam Program tests (CLEP)when required test scores are demonstrated. Official test score transcripts should be sent to the attention of the ̨ʹٷվ Registrar Office at 2800 College Dr. Sidney, MI 48885.


Explore Funding Options

A high schooldiploma, or G.E.D. completion, is required to receive financial aid/students loans.

  • Federal Financial Aid:You need to complete the
  • ̨ʹٷվ Foundation Scholarships: View the many ̨ʹٷվ Foundation scholarships available for ̨ʹٷվ students.
  • Other Sources of Financial Aid:Learn about other funding options including Michigan Reconnect and Workforce Developmentscholarships and grants.
  • Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Active military students can view Tuition Assistance to learn more about using TA benefits for course enrollment at ̨ʹٷվ.
  • Payment Plan: Call or email the business office at 989-328-1204 or busoff@montcalm.edu if you want to learn more about our monthly payment plan options.

For further assistance, visit the ̨ʹٷվ Financial Aid office onlineor in-person on ̨ʹٷվ's Sidney campus.


Access Your Account

Visitmontcalm.edu/loginto complete yourFirst Time Loginand use the self-service password reset to login for the first time.

Your ̨ʹٷվ email address is your username. Thepersonal email address and phone number you included in your application will be used for verification.

Once you login you will be prompted to set up Multi-Factor Authentication.

Watch our step-by-step videos to learn more about accessing and navigating your ̨ʹٷվ student account. Videos include:

For assistance, call the IT Help Desk at 989-328-1246.


Complete or Submit an Assessment

Assessment ensures that you start in courses you will be successful in. Assessment results do not impact your ability to enroll at ̨ʹٷվ.An ̨ʹٷվ counselor/advisor can assist you with course selection after completion/submission of assessment scores.

Academic Placement

Academic placement is required for new students who are pursuing a program of study at ̨ʹٷվ. ̨ʹٷվ offers Guided Self-Placement where students complete a self-evaluation in reading, writing, and math on their own and will receive feedback to make a responsible choice about class placements. Students exempt from Guided Self-Placement are those who have earned an associate degree or higher, have completed or transferred in both college level English AND math, are age 60 or older, or audit classes.

Students may access the placements here:

After the self-evaluations are completed, students are encouraged to meet with a counselor or advisor for assistance in making an informed decision on course placement. Appointments with a counselor or advisor may be scheduled with the Student Success Center by calling 989-328-1264, texting 989-625-4886, or emailing studentsuccess@montcalm.edu.


Participate inOrientation

We're excited to be your partner in success! We believe that orientation is very important, which is why we invite all students to complete the New Student Orientation process before registering for courses. The orientation process includes a campus tour, an opportunity to talk with an academic advisor and register for classes, earn Centurion swag, meet other students, and more!

Visit Orientation | ̨ʹٷվtoday to reserve your spot!


M​eet with an Academic Counselor

Academic counselors are available to assist you with scheduling classes, planning for transfers and other academic endeavors. To schedule an appointment:


Register for Classes

Register for classes by first completing web registration on the , then review the most for course selection.Class options are greater at the beginning of each registration period, so early registration is highly recommended.

Please be aware that all new students must take and pass GNST 100 during their first semester at ̨ʹٷվ.


Pay for Classes

Registration is not complete until the Financial Aid process is complete andtuition and fees are paid in full.


Purchase Textbooks

̨ʹٷվ offers a with all the essentials for class. To make purchasing books and supplies easier when you visit the ̨ʹٷվ bookstore, bring along the following items:

  • Current class schedule
  • ̨ʹٷվ student ID
  • Billing statement
Student Services Department